- 11/26 - Early Release - 11:30 Dismissal
- 11/27 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
- 11/28 - No School - Thanksgiving Break
- 12/5 - Early Release Teacher In Service 11:30 Dismissal
- 12/9 - Christmas Concert 6:30pm
- 12/19 - Early Release - 11:30 Dismissal
- 12/22 - Christmas Break
- 12/23 - Christmas Break
- 12/24 - Christmas Break
- 12/25 - Christmas Break
- 12/26 - Christmas Break
WVCS has a rich history which displays God's provision. September 2, 2014, marked the first day of school on the campus located at 16260 W. Van Buren St., Goodyear, AZ. To arrive at this point in the life of the chool has been nothing short but amazing! The following are key dates in the life of our school.
• December 2006 – Phoenix Christian assumed operations of Christ Community Christian School.
• December/January of 2009/2010, a group of three men decided to rescue the west valley school that was struggling.
• Summer of 2010, the name was changed from Phoenix Christian West Valley to West Valley Christian School.
• January 2013, Skyway Church of the West Valley gave notice that they wanted WVCS to vacate their property
• February/March of 2013 the potential of owning our own property was announced
• Summer of 2013, an architect and general contractor was hired
• September 2013 official notice was given by Skyway to vacate their property by June 2014
• March/April of 2014 the Kuiper Family Trust officially deeded the property to WVCS
• May of 2014 ground was broken for a two story classroom building
• May 26, 2014, WVCS began vacating Skyway and storing school property on the new campus
• August 7, 2014, the City of Goodyear issued the temporary Certificate of Occupancy for the classroom building
• August 9, 2014 WVCS officially moved into the new classroom building
• September 2, 2014 was the first day of school for the 2014-15 school year
each and every year, the school proclaims “To God Be the Glory”. Our school exists only because of God working through many who were obedient. “To God Be the Glory” – no man could have accomplished the journey WVCS has traveled! When you read about and study the miracles in scripture such as Matt: 8 where Jesus calmed the storm or Matt: 14 where Peter walked on the water - the main ingredient was their faith and trust. They didn’t question…just followed (obeyed) and trusted (faith) Jesus for the outcome.
GOD has accomplished great things through the imperfections of mankind. WVCS will not forget to give God all the credit and allow Him to work through us and not be tempted to do it all ourselves! Our school has a long journey in front us. To GOD BE THE GLORY!